This seed exist for millennia but many have not heard much of it. First it was mentioned by the Aztecs as food and medicine and as used for ceremonies and rituals. This seed is high in omega 3 fat acids, fibers, minerals, antioxidants and vitamins. It restores the health of skin, burns fat, aids in digestion and makes us stronger.
Experts say this is good daily and gives energy, so athletes use this the most.
Chia seed also has 37% fibers and they boost the intestines health, so these diets also prevent colon cancer.
Here are a few reasons to eat such seeds daily:
- Gluten free
- They can replace eggs, just mix them with water and make a gel paste for cooking
- Cures digestive problems due to the fibers
- Boosts heart and brain health due to the 20% omega 3 acids, this is 8 times more omega 3 acids than in salmon!
- 20% protein
- Healthy nails, hair, skin
- 3 times more iron than in spinach
- Strong antioxidant with 4 times more than in blueberries
- 7 times more vitamin C than in oranges
- Good for diabetics and regulation of blood sugar
- 8 amino acids
- 5 times more calcium than in milk
- 2 times more potassium than bananas
Experts say that you need 1 tbsp chia seeds per day and since they have lots of fibers, you need lots of water. Their taste is mild and good, so blend them in smoothies or make salads. Also, add them in the dough for pastries.
Soak them for 15 min, increase them in size to make them 15 times bigger than initially. This will make you satiated.
Mix them with almonds, pineapple, coconut oil too.